The term failed state refers to states that cannot implement or enforce policies; their police and military no longer control security and order and society moves into anarchy, the absence of government. In the ‘lower house’ politicians are elected to represent smaller constituencies. The ‘upper house’ is usually elected to represent states in a federal system or different voting configuration in a unitary system .
- Another example is the Torah or Old Testament, in the Pentateuch or Five Books of Moses.
- The Classical republican concept of “civil society” dates back to Hobbes and Locke.
- Ancient Egyptian law, dating as far back as 3000 BC, was based on the concept of Ma’at and characterised by tradition, rhetorical speech, social equality and impartiality.
- Socialist law is the legal systems in communist states such as the former Soviet Union and the People’s Republic of China.
- The next major step in the